Although fashion changes with the seasons, the basics remain the same! Style is what you want it to be, and fashion is what is collectively trending or popular. People believe you need expensive clothing or a statement piece to be stylish and fashionable; however, you don’t, you simply need to stick to the basics.
Why you require a style?
● Individuality: Everyone is unique in their own way, and your style is the physical manifestation of this. Using your own style will show the world who you are, capture your individuality, and make you feel comfortable and confident. Your style should represent you.
● The first-look matters: ‘Judging a book by its cover’ is not always the right thing to do; however, with fashion and style creeping into everything you see or do, it is important to make a lasting impression. Style is not about dressing up in extravagant clothes; it’s about the way you dress, talk, move your body, or do anything. It’s about being you.
Want to know how to dress up perfectly? Remember, to stick to the basics, and you can never go wrong. However, if you want to add a little something to your outfit, consider adding a touch of elegance and sophistication through utilising crisp tailored lines, and choosing the right material and clothing type.
The basics of male fashion
● Denim jackets, shirts, and jeans are staples in any wardrobe: Denim has found a place as a basic in male wardrobes due to its versatility. You can pair tailored denim jeans with most materials and styles.
For a modish appearance, go for a straight fitting outfit in the darker tones. Darker tones, generally, require less washing as marks, food debris, and stains are harder to see.
For a laid-back look, opt for lighter hues in the shade of blue, and orange. Denim jeans and jackets are a perfect accessory piece that will complement whatever you intend to wear.
● Invest in T-shirts: T-shirts are an essential and have been utilised to add a basic element to an outfit and create a more full ensemble. T-shirts are a reliable option with their versatility, they are a go-to choice for men.
Invest in basic colours like black or white because of their versatility. Opting for more flamboyant hues like red, green or orange is a brilliant choice when you have a specific aesthetic you are trying to achieve.Layering is a technique you can use to avoid chilly winds.
● Sweat it out in a sweatshirt: A sweatshirt is a lightweight garment that will keep you warm on colder days. A grey, black, or white sweatshirt is another essential that should be in your wardrobe. Sweatshirts let you layer easier. Add a streak of colour, and wear it with a collared t-shirt. You can layer it together with another piece of clothing to increase the dynamic.
If you love the minimalist look, go for unbranded sweatshirts. You can keep wearing the same one over and over. However, to make a subtle change, go for a premium option. Choose one with subtle logo branding.
● The Whitney white: A crisp white collared shirt brings you just the right amount of simplicity and attention you need. You can attend a client meeting in a perfectly ironed shirt, black chinos and formal shoes and leave a remarkable impression.
A white shirt can be styled casually. Pair the white shirt with some denim in a darker hue with casual footwear, and you will be the king of casual.
● An elegant pair of sunglasses: Sunglasses are a perfect accessory to add an element of mystery to your outfit.
Ray-Ban and Persol are some brands that have been designing aesthetically pleasing sunglasses in a variety of styles.
Remember, fashion is about popular trends, whereas style is about how you can manifest your true self. Seasonal additions can add extra layers to your outfits, but they can also throw off the intended message of your outfit with their haphazard addition. Choose your own style, and become confident in your skin, no matter your race, physique, or nationality. Don’t shy away, put your best foot forward and win the style game with a tinge of simplicity.